Seven-year-old boy rescued after getting arm stuck in vending machine

This post first appeared on Derby Telegraph. Read the original article.

A seven-year-old has been taken to hospital after getting his arm stuck in a vending machine.

Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a premises in Sinfin Lane, Derby, at just after 11.15am on Sunday to help free the youngster.

A crew from Ascot Drive fire station released the child from the toy machine and he was taken to Royal Derby Hospital, a spokeswoman said.

The extent of his injuries have not been revealed.

The service tweeted today: “AscotDrive_Red attended a premises on Sinfin Lane, Derby, to a child whose arm was stuck in a vending machine. Child released, safe and well with parents.”

Meanwhile, a crew from Kingsway attended a small fire on Yates Street, Normanton at just after 3pm.

Firefighters used a small bucket of water to extinguish the blaze.

Check out our new FREE app!

Derby Telegraph App for IOS and Android

We've just launched our very own app for Android and Apple devices which can be tailored to deliver the news and sport that you're interested in.

To download the iOS app click here.

To download the Android app click here.