Derby engineer dies with asbestos poisoning from working in power stations

Click to read the article in full.  

A Derby engineer has died from asbestos poisoning after working in power plants for more than 30 years.

Mickleover man Derek Barrell was often exposed to the deadly material from 1960 to 1991.

Workers would remove and reapply asbestos insulation around the boilers that produced the steam needed to generate power.

He was often nearby when this took place, but did not experience issues until later on in life.

In March 2019, when he was 83, Mr Barrell complained of a persistent cough.

Mr Barrell went through various tests and biopsies, but was eventually referred to Nottingham University Hospital for specialised care.

He was discharged, but soon after re-admitted on June 14, when he had

 link source - Derby Telegraph

Continue reading this article at the original source Here